Today’s successful hospitality supervisors must have effective skills such as leadership, time management, and communication. They must keep pace with change, improve their knowledge and share their experience with others.
The Certified Hospitality Supervisors (CHS) designation provides recognition for these skills. The CHS designation is the lodging industry’s highest acknowledgement of professionalism for supervisors in the hospitality industry.
The CHS designation may be used on letterheads, business cards, and other writings. The Certificate is the visible symbols of the holder’s status and achievement.
To objective of this program is to provide Hospitality Management students from the ASEAN Region the opportunity to subscribe to a minimum 6 months to a maximum of 9 months internship program in Malaysia with the Malaysian Association of Hotel (MAH) member hotels.
This program is unique in comparison to other internship programs as participants will be provided with the following:
- 5 day training program which will be facilitated by the Malaysian Association of Hotels Training and Education Centre (MAHTEC) before commencing their internship.
- Student who attends the 5 day program will be given a Certificate of Attendance by MAHTEC. Students who have successfully completed the examination will also be given the Certified Hospitality Certificate by MAHTEC.
- The program will cover “need to know” information on how supervisors should carry out their responsibilities towards management as well as employees. This “hands-on” program helps supervisors to:
- Meet management objective for productivity and quality guest service
- Gain respect, trust and support from employees
- Improve employee communication and performance
- Increase employee motivation
The topics covered are:-
- You as a supervisor
- Conducting Orientation and Training
- Handling Problems and Conflict
- Motivation and Team building
- Staffing and Scheduling
- Improving Employee Performance
- Effective Communication
- Time Management
- Diploma in Hospitality Management holder with minimum 50% (CGPA 2.00)
- Degree in Hospitality Management Holders with Minimum 50% (CGPA 2.00)
- Any Diploma or Degree in the field of Hospitality and Tourism only.
- Have English knowledge and must have completed the Diploma or Degree in English.
- Fresh Graduate is welcome to apply.
All interested applicants will need to submit all the below documents to Axsel Management International for the processing of the application.
- Filled Application Form
- Passport copy of all pages
- Photograph with Blue background
- O Levels & A Levels results or equivalent results
- Diploma Transcripts
- Degree Transcript ( if available)
- Medical Report
- Application Fees to be paid directly to Axsel Management International Sdn Bhd. US$ 250.00.
Visa processing will take about 6 week to 8 weeks. Students will have to go to the Malaysian High Commission to obtain an entry visa with the Visa Approval Letter.