Developing ASP.NET MVC Applications using the .NET Framework is for anyone who wants to learn how to build rich and interactive web sites that run on the Microsoft platform. This course will cover the practical aspects of multi-tier application development using the .NET framework.
The goal of this course is to introduce the students to the basics of distributed application development. Technologies covered include the Common Language Runtime (CLR), .NET framework classes, VB.NET, ASP.NET, and ADO.NET. We will also cover service oriented architecture, design, performance, security, content managements systems and deployment issues encountered in building multi-tier distributed applications.
Who Should Attend This Program
This course is intended for professional web developers who use Microsoft Visual Studio in an individual-based or team-based, small-sized to large development environment. Candidates for this course are interested in developing advanced web applications and want to manage the rendered HTML comprehensively. They want to create websites that separate the user interface, data access, and application logic.
Before attending this course, students must have experience developing web-based applications by using Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft ASP.NET, proficiency in using the .NET Framework, and some familiarity with VB.NET.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the Microsoft Web Technologies stack and select an appropriate technology to use to develop any given application.
- Design the architecture and implementation of a web application that will meet a set of functional requirements, user interface requirements, and address business models.
- Create MVC Models and write code that implements business logic within Model methods, properties, and events.
- Add Controllers to an MVC Application to manage user interaction, update models, and select and return Views.
- Create Views in an MVC application that display and edit data and interact with Models and Controllers.
- Run unit tests and debugging tools against a web application in Visual Studio 2012 and configure an application for troubleshooting.
- Develop a web application that uses the ASP.NET routing engine to present friendly URLs and a logical navigation hierarchy to users.
- Implement a consistent look and feel, including corporate branding, across an entire MVC web application.
- Use partial page updates and caching to reduce the network bandwidth used by an application and accelerate responses to user requests.
- Implement a complete membership system in an MVC 4 web application.
- Build an MVC application that resists malicious attacks and persists information about users and preferences.
- Describe how to write a Windows Azure web service and call it from and MVC application.
- Describe what a Web API is and why developers might add a Web API to an application.
- Modify the way browser requests are handled by an MVC application.
- Describe how to package and deploy an ASP.NET MVC 4 web application from a development computer to a web server for staging or production.
Mode of Delivery
Every participant will be provided with course notes and are required to bring in their own laptops for hands-on exercise and practice sessions.
If you need further info on this program, all you need to do is to fill up the form in this page and/or call/email us. We will brief you on the details of this program and guide you all the way!
You can also download the Program Brochure for more detailed explanation on the program.
For more information, please contact:
or Fill up this form to make an quick enquiry. Our personnel will be in touch with you shortly.