Comprehensive GST Implementation Hands-On Workshop
The Only GST Workshop that equips participants with Domain & Hands-On Knowledge
24th & 25th June 2015
Menara PKNS, Petaling Jaya
The GST impact on businesses can be major if you are not well prepared. Being a new multi-stage consumption tax on all goods and services, GST will impact on all businesses.
The mechanism of GST may look simple in theory, but its impact on businesses can be significant. It can be complicated in certain cases and for certain industries or businesses.
Companies need to budget for cost of implementing GST, manage cash flow as GST is paid on an accrual basis, determine the necessary changes required for existing documentation, analyze the capabilities of existing accounting system, understand transitional issues on supply of goods and services, train employees, impact on pricing of sales and supplies, legal implications of existing long-term contracts.
This comprehensive workshop aims to help participants:
- Assist businesses to understand the essentials of GST principles.
- Highlight the potential impact and the critical issues that may affect your businesses.
- Minimize the financial and cash flow impact for your businesses
- Gain practical knowledge on how ERP/Accounting Software handles GST.
- Understand how a Software handles different types of GST transactions for customers and vendors especially on assigning the Tax Codes.
- Learn the accounting entries that takes place when entering GST transactions.
- Learn about issues and challenges when setting up the master data for GST.
- See what reports are available for GST from an accounting/tax/audit perspective.
- Understanding the requirements of the GAF & GST-03.
- Assess the possibility of becoming a GST consultant.
Who should attend
Accountants, Finance Managers, Accounting staff, Business Entrepreneurs, Tax Managers, Staff from operations, sales, logistics & administration.
It is essential for all departments in an organization to be aware about this tax system and to understand how it affects their functions.
- 2 Days
- 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
- Lunch & Coffee/Tea provided
Registration & Fees
- Training Fees: RM 1,300.00 per pax
- Early Bird Fees: RM 1,250.00 per pax
- Group of 3 or more: RM 1,200.00 per pax
Santhanasamy holds an MBA majoring in Finance from University Putra Malaysia. He is a member of the Chartered Accountant of Malaysia,Chartered Management Accountant of UK,Chartered Global Management Accountant and an Associate Member of the Malaysian Institute of Management.
He is a Certified Trainer of HRDF and a MIA speaker. Santhanasamy has more than 30 years of experience in the field of financial and management accounting practices that encompasses of Banking, Manufacturing, Education, Insurance, Security, Plantation, Shipping and Freight Forwarding. He was also with the Ministry of Works involved in special projects funded by the World Bank. He is now the official GST Consultant for more than 100 over companies under MINE Association.
As a self starter with his vast experience in numerous industries he is today a trainer and a principal consultant of GST for number of companies. He is no novice to GST. He has worked closely with Price WaterHouse Coopers on matters pertaining to Indirect tax on behalf of iCIMB since 2005 and contributed valuable inputs during their discussion with Ministry of Finance on matters pertaining to the implementation of GST.
Please fill up the enquiry form as below. One of our customer service personnel will be contacting you soon.