Postgres is a sophisticated open source relational database management system. Postgres supports the structured query language (SQL) with a wide variety of data types and support for triggers, a number of embedded programming languages, and full transactional processing.
This is a course for PostgreSQL database developers or users who need to manipulate data by interacting with PostgreSQL relational databases using Structured Query Language (SQL) and who need to progress their SQL skills beyond the basics. It is aimed at those who need to extract data from, and insert data into, existing PostgreSQL databases to an in-depth level and who also need to create and modify PostgreSQL databases and tables. The course is highly practical in nature and the focus throughout is on coding PostgreSQL-based SQL by hand.Course Objectives
After attending this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the features and benefits of postgresql
- Be able to install and start the postgresql server
- Understand the basics of Relational Databases
- Understand the SQL and postgresql languages
- Understand Data/Column types with regard to efficient database design
- Be able to view a database design structure/content
- Create a database design using an efficient structure
- Be able to extract basic database information using the SELECT command
- Be able to troubleshoot syntax and understand typical warnings and errors
- Be able to delete or modify a database, and table row data
- Grouping query data with Aggregation
- Connect data from multiple table rows using JOIN
- Perform nested sub-queries
- Use of Simple Functions (String, Date, Numerical)
- Describe postgresql connectors, their major features and differences
- Understand postgresql storage engines, transactions and features of the common engines
This course is aimed at an audience of Software Developers, Database Analysts, Data Architects, and System Architects.
This training course can be tailored to any level. No prior SQL, PostgreSQL or relational database experience is assumed.
Mode of Delivery
Every participant will be provided with course notes and are required to bring in their own laptops for hands-on exercise and practice sessions.
If you need further info on this program, all you need to do is to fill up the form in this page and/or call/email us. We will brief you on the details of this program and guide you all the way!
You can also download the Program Brochure for more detailed explanation on the program.
For more information, please contact:
or Fill up this form to make an quick enquiry. Our personnel will be in touch with you shortly.