This certification program prepares you for the employment or career advancement you want and deserve. Personalized feedback from experienced ESL instructors, and other successful professionals, will help you develop the communication skills required for the workplace.
Our in-class activities, drawn from authentic business and professional situations, will help improve your grammatical accuracy in speech and writing, and build your confidence. You will leave this program with self-monitoring strategies, which will ensure your English is correct and easy to understand, and a list of print and web resources to ensure lifelong language improvement.
The Professional Certificate in Business English (PCBE) program develops English language abilities in business context. PCBE is quality assured and credit rated by Scottish Qualifications Authority at Level 6 on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF). PCBE is broadly equivalent to Level B2 in Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). PCBE is also comparable to Level 3 in European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
This program is intended to improve your language use for the most demanding and scrutinized areas of business communication. This certificate program will improve written skills for e-mails, letters and reports, and it will enhance your speaking skill for complex business exchanges, such as negotiating and persuading, giving presentations, and participating in meetings. Independent work outside the class will encourage you to put your newly acquired skills to use in your business and professional life.
On completion of this unit the learner will be able to develop writing abilities in business context. Moreover, the learner will be able to enhance their reading abilities. As a whole the learner’s reading and writing abilities in English will be enhanced specially in business related communication.
- Open-entry’ UK certification
- Study Resources are provided
- SCQF Level 6 qualification
- To improve communication technique
- Learn how to express yourself more accurately, concisely and appropriately for a business environment
- Develop strategies for improving and monitoring clear speech and effective communication
- To equip participants with the skills required for argumentation and persuasion
- To provide an understanding of business etiquette
- To enhance the four basic language skills ‐ Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing
- To equip the learners with strategies to improve their communication skills
- To ensure that the training is useful to the learners to succeed in the real world
- Acquire functional business language to interact with colleagues, clients, staff and superiors
- Discover individual areas of weakness and improve on them
- Demonstrate your strengths and capabilities
- Show employers your commitment to professional development and personal growth
Professional Certificate in Business English is jointly certificated by IQN and SQA.
This programme is accredited at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) LEVEL 5 (20 credits) and benchmarked against European Qualification Framework (EQF) LEVEL 4.
IQN has already been networked in 30 countries with 58 registered training centers. Independent students have registered with IQN’s qualification from 137 countries around the globe.
Learners will develop confidence and fluency in the following areas:
- Socializing, Telephoning, Presenting information, Participating in meetings, and Handling negotiations
- Learners will be able to speed read articles
- Learners should be able to comprehend complex reports
- Learners should be able to write formal letters, resumes and informative and analytical reports
- Learners will learn to write emails and understand email etiquette
- Understanding cross cultural diversity for effective communication
- Learner should be able to engage in discussion with one or more people in a variety of different situations, making clear and effective contributions that produce outcomes appropriate to purpose and topic.
- Learners should be able to make effective presentations
- Learners should be able to use new media effectively