R is an open-source free programming language for statistical computing, data analysis, and graphics. R is used by a growing number of managers and data analysts inside corporations and academia. R has also found followers among statisticians, engineers and scientists without computer programming skills who find it easy to use. Its popularity is due to the increasing use of data mining for various goals such as set ad prices, find new drugs more quickly or fine-tune financial models. R has a wide variety of packages for data mining.
This course covers the manipulation of objects in R including reading data, accessing R packages, writing R functions, and making informative graphs. It includes analyzing data using common statistical models.
The Data Science using R Programming training programme is designed to allow participants acquire all essential knowledge to get started and start on R Programming.
At the end of this program participants will be able to:
- Master the use of the R interactive environment
- Expand R by installing R packages
- Read Structured Data into R from various sources
- Understand the different data types in R
- Understand the different data structures in R
- Use of vectorized calculations
- Write user-defined R functions
- Use control statements and write Loop constructs in R
- Use Apply to iterate functions across data
- Reshape data to support different analyses
- Manipulate strings in R and understand basic regular expressions in R
- Understand base R graphics and also focus on GGplot2 graphics for R
- Predict/Score new data using models
- Understand how to link data, statistical methods, and actionable questions
This module is aimed at anyone who works with data and who interested in harnessing the power of the R programming language.
Students should have basic knowledge on statistics. Familiarity with any programming, language can be an added benefit.
Mode of Delivery
Every participant will be provided with course notes and are required to bring in their own laptops for hands-on exercise and practice sessions. The participants are taught design theories in classroom followed by practical lab exercises on the day of the training.
- 3 days, 9am – 5pm
If you need further info on this program, all you need to do is to fill up the enquiry form in this page and/or call/email us. We will brief you on the details of this program and guide you all the way!
You can also download the Program Brochure for more detailed explanation on the program.
For more information, please contact:
Are you an individual looking to join the program yourself?
Write to us in the form below, we will contact you to discuss how best to fit your schedule.
Are you a company looking for an In-House program?
Write to us in the form below, we would be happy to talk to you about our in-house rates.