Understanding and Implementing Goods and Services Tax (GST)
6th & 7th May 2015
Crystal Crown Hotel, PJ
GST is a consumption tax based on the value-added concept. GST is imposed on goods and services at every production and distribution stage in the supply chain including importation of goods and services.
GST is an indirect tax that may affect all inputs and outputs of a business organisation and this tax will replace the existing sales and services tax regime.
To ensure you are GST ready, a coordinated effort within the business organisation is essential. It is just not another tax issue to be left only with the Finance and Accounts Department. Rather, it is a “crossfunctional” issue that can affect the entire business structure and hence require input from all key business units.
The purpose of this training program is to provide participants a complete understanding to this new tax system in enabling them to orchestrate better with their company financial system more effectively even with the presence of GST.
- Understand the key elements of GST and its mechanism.
- Analyse and understand the implications of GST on your business.
- Identity and review business activities in line with GST.
- How to effectively overcome implementation, compliance and enforcement issues.
- Treatment of transitional issues upon implementation of GST.
What Will You Learn
Participants who successfully complete this module will be able to:
- What is input tax? What is output tax?
- Do you need to register for GST?
- How to apply for GST
- What are taxable supplies?
- Type of supply and GST rate
- Examples of the different types of supplies
- How does GST work
- How to calculate GST payable or refundable
- What is disallowed for GST claim? What is the criteria for claiming GST refund
- How to invoice domestic and overseas customers
- How to calculate sales turnover to determine whether your business has reached the threshold for compulsory GST registration?……..and more
Who should attend
Company directors, general managers and business owners, Managers in charge of procurement, product pricing, bookkeeping, accounting, marketing, finance, legal, information systems and, of course, taxation.
It is essential for all departments in an organization to be aware about this tax system and to understand how it affects their functions.
- 2 Days
- 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
- Lunch & Coffee/Tea provided
Registration & Fees
- Training Fees: RM 1,300.00 per pax
- Early Bird Fees: RM 1,250.00 per pax
- Group of 3 or more: RM 1,200.00 per pax
Santhanasamy holds an MBA majoring in Finance from University Putra Malaysia. He is a member of the Chartered Accountant of Malaysia,Chartered Management Accountant of UK,Chartered Global Management Accountant and an Associate Member of the Malaysian Institute of Management.
He is a Certified Trainer of HRDF and a MIA speaker. Santhanasamy has more than 30 years of experience in the field of financial and management accounting practices that encompasses of Banking, Manufacturing, Education, Insurance, Security, Plantation, Shipping and Freight Forwarding. He was also with the Ministry of Works involved in special projects funded by the World Bank. He is now the official GST Consultant for more than 100 over companies under MINE Association.
As a self starter with his vast experience in numerous industries he is today a trainer and a principal consultant of GST for number of companies. He is no novice to GST. He has worked closely with Price WaterHouse Coopers on matters pertaining to Indirect tax on behalf of iCIMB since 2005 and contributed valuable inputs during their discussion with Ministry of Finance on matters pertaining to the implementation of GST.
Please fill up the enquiry form as below. One of our customer service personnel will be contacting you soon.